Our yYoung Medication Management Program (YMMP) is a comprehensive, referral-based plan that helps patients with their medication-related needs in the comfort of their own home, including daily visits and the ability to provide injections by our Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
It is designed to increase adherence, reduce medication errors, and improve management of chronic health conditions, which in turn helps raise their quality of life and provides a better health outcome. Ideal candidates for YMMP include patients who:
- Have difficulty managing their own medications.
- Are facing multiple barriers such as chronic conditions, complex medication regimens, mental health, and addictions.
- Require further assistance after a hospital discharge.
- Have a history of medication related hospitalizations due to poor adherence.
- Need medication assistance with injections or transdermal patches.
Care plans will be individually customized in collaboration with referring healthcare providers. Our services may include:
- Administration and witnessing of daily medications, including injections and patches.
- Intramuscular and subcutaneous injections.
- Prefilled insulin syringes, insulin training and injection.
- Monitoring of side effects.
- Blood pressure monitoring.
- Blood glucose monitoring and teaching.
- Training of medical devices and medication adherence to support patient independence and self-management.
YMMP allows for additional observations on your referred patients to allow for appropriate follow up. E.g., weight loss or behavioural changes.
Check our FAQ for more information.
If you are a healthcare provider and would like to refer your patient the yYoung Medication Management Management Program, click here to access our form and fax it to 604-630-1001 or email it to us at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can call us at 604-681-8881.